Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome Back!

Thanks for being here and welcome to the New Year.

First off, I hope everyone had a great holidays, Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate or don’t celebrate.

Mine was great.

Well, Today is January 1, and as Promised back in December, The Burning Mind is back on, the holiday hiatus is over.

While this is the first post of the 2015, the Burning Mind’s official return will be marked by my first review of the year. I will have a review up of STAR TREK PLANET OF THE APES: THE PRIMATE DIRECTIVE #1 up sometime tonight, which was released yesterday.

Yes, there is an official Star Trek, Planet of the Apes Crossover! I LOVE COMIC BOOKS!

Speaking of posting reviews, I will get straight to the main subject here: Burning Mind’s Posting Schedule.

As it stands right now, my schedule is planned to be what it should have been last year, weekly reviews, random flash reviews and bi-weekly articles/opinion pieces.

REVIEWS
WEEKLY FEATURE REVIEWS
Weekly Feature Reviews are 500 word reviews that will be done once a week, on every Saturday. I will review one title from my pull list from that week’s Wednesday releases. My reviews will mostly focus on Indie Books. They will not always be positive.

Flash reviews are 125 word reviews that will be random review of titles I want to say something about, on no set schedule. I may do a couple of flash reviews a week, or none at all for weeks.

For more info on my reviews, please read this piece: http://skullablaze.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-word-on-reviews.html

ARTICLES/OPINION

The plan is to write bi-weekly pieces to be posted every Wednesday. These pieces will run the gambit of subjects concerning comic books, from the past to the present. Whatever I want to discuss honestly.

These pieces will start Next Wednesday, January 7.

There are associated Facebook (https://m.facebook.com/theburningmind?ref=bookmark) and Twitter (twitter.com/theburningmind) with this blog, please feel free to follow on both social media sites. Updates to this blog will be posted on both.

Information will be posted on both Facebook and Twitter, which may not be posted here.

In the past I have not covered NEWS on this blog because of the high amount of new sites on the web, this may change in the future, but I would prefer to keep this blog as my personal output. However, I have decided that I will share articles, news and links on both Facebook and Twitter. It may not be often, but news of some worth, I will share.

To a lesser degree I will also share updates on my personal comic projects.

I also have other plans for the Burning Mind I hope will comes to pass. I will mention those at a later date as I work on details.

I encourage feedback! Please leave comments and let me know what you think. The only thing I ask is to keep it civil, no personal attacks, no swearing without reason. If you like what I wrote, let me know. If you don’t, then let me know.

I want the dialog.

This year is going to be much different then 2014, for starters, I don’t plan on having an aneurysm.

Let’s talk some comics!

Ace Masters

No comments:

Post a Comment