Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Burning Resurrection



Hello All,

By All I mean everyone who takes a moment out of their lives to read this blog.

The Burning Mind originally was a bi-weekly column at Comics Bulletin (www.comicsbulletin.com) where I wrote my thoughts, opinions and rants on the comics industry. I also did a series of how to articles. For reasons that are not worth mentioning, the column ended after a few years in 2012.

As of today, I am resurrecting the column as this Blog (with an associated Facebook page) and will continue writing about comics with the same fever I did when writing for Comics Bulletin.

The one great thing about writing at Comics Bulletin was that the owner/edit Jason Sacks allowed me leeway to write about whatever I wanted, and I did. And I will.

Some of my original articles were considered controversial (such as one on Jack Kirby and another criticizing DC’s Reboot (New 52)), but I never wrote them with that intention. I was just presenting my own personal view. Some people agreed, some didn’t. Some didn’t care.

So, why this brief history? Because there are some people who don’t know about the previous incarnation of the Burning Mind.

What will the Burning Mind be from this moment forward? Well, just give me a minute to explain.
From this day forward (Wednesday, January 8), the Burning Mind will be a bi-weekly blog. Every two weeks I will post an article on my thoughts about something concerning the comic’s world, or something comics related (such as movies, TV shows, etc.). This may be something current and relevant or it could be covering something from comic’s golden age.

In addition to this, every Saturday I will review one book from my personal pull list that was released that week’s Wednesday.

I encourage feedback! Please leave comments and let me know what you think. The only thing I ask is to keep it civil, no personal attacks, no swearing without reason. If you like what I wrote, let me know. If you don’t, then let me know.

I want the dialog.

Let’s talk some comics!

In the past, I had a tradition of ending my articles by asking a question, which always led into the next article . . . in this case blog . . . so here it is, the Burning Question:

Did Comic Magazines get more love in the early days and the Golden Age then they do today?

Until next time,

Ace Masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment